777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 800 – West Tower, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
1801 N.E. 123rd Street, Suite 314, North Miami, FL 33181
Attorney Ann Fitz
Attorney Ann Fitz has more than a decade of experience representing criminal defendants in the nation’s toughest federal courts. She is a former prosecutor, and in addition to her private practice she served for 7 years as a federal Panel Attorney under the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) in Atlanta and Los Angeles. She has handled numerous high-profile white collar crime, Internet-based crime and other criminal cases, including a $25 million loan modification scheme, a $12 million tax fraud scheme, constitutional challenges to Florida’s and Georgia’s sex offender registration law and arguing a precedential case in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals that established a clear definition of what constitutes criminal liability in federal child pornography cases.
She is licensed in numerous states and federal jurisdictions, including the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida and the United States Supreme Court. She was recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2013, 2014 and 2016, an honor bestowed upon just 2% of all lawyers under the age of 40, and as a “Top 10 Under 40” criminal lawyer by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys in 2014. In 2018 she was listed as a U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyer and selected among America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys. She practices almost exclusively in Federal Court, focusing on white collar criminal defense and federal criminal appeals.
Ms. Fitz has provided her insights and opinions as a legal commentator on the Fox News Network, CNN, HLN, MSNBC and she appeared as a regular guest on truTV’s In Session (formerly CourtTV) from 2009-2011. Her distinctive accomplishments in criminal defense have been featured in numerous nationally well-known publications and media outlets including Rolling Stone Magazine, Wired Magazine, CBS’s primetime news magazine 48 Hours Mystery and NBC’s Nightly News. She is a chapter author for the Lexis-Nexis Practice Guide: Georgia Criminal Law and has served as a seminar speaker on the topic of white collar crime.
- Criminal Defense
- Criminal Law – Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Insurance Fraud
- Internet Crimes
- Mail Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Immigration Fraud
- Tax Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud
- Public Corruption
- Georgia, 2003
- New York, 2010
- California, 2012
- Ohio, 2014
- South Carolina, 2016
- Florida, 2018
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia, May, 2003 J.D.
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina, May, 1999 B.A. Major: English Major: Communications Studies
Classes and Seminars
- Trends in Corporate Crime, Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach Chapter
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 2013 Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2014 Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2014 Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- 2016 Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2018 Best Lawyers, U.S. News and World Report
- 2018 America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Ann Fitz has represented clients from a variety of professional backgrounds including lawyers, doctors, federal employees, law enforcement officers, and real estate, banking and financial professionals.
- Chapter Author, Persse et al., Georgia Criminal Practice Guidebook (Matthew Bender) Chapter 1: Criminal Jurisdiction, 2012
- Chapter Author, Persse et al., Georgia Criminal Practice Guidebook (Matthew Bender) Chapter 14: Appeals, 2012