Understanding Insurance Fraud
Insurance fraud is the intentional misrepresentation of facts and circumstances to an insurance company to obtain payment. Any person who intentionally misleads or deceives an insurance provider to get additional compensation may face insurance fraud charges.
The Law Office of Ann Fitz has a strong reputation among past clients and legal peers alike. Attorney Fitz devises customized defense strategies for individuals and companies facing insurance fraud charges.
Hard And Soft Fraud: Staged Versus Exaggerated Claims For Benefits
Some insurance fraud charges fall into one of two categories: hard fraud or soft fraud. Hard fraud involves a person creating a staged accident or injury to obtain money. Soft fraud is the act of exaggerating an accident or injury to maximize a claim. Some examples include:
- Faked automobile collisions, including reporting a false hit-and-run or a staged accident
- Intentional property and automobile damage, such as deliberate damages, vandalism and inflated damages
- Faked accidents, including fraudulent slip-and-fall and other personal injury claims and fictitious workplace accidents
- Medical billing fraud, which is a form of fraud committed by health care professionals to acquire insurance payouts for services not necessary or provided
- Health insurance fraud, including the use of another person’s identity to get benefits
- Life insurance fraud, such as buying fraudulent policies for already dead relatives
A conviction for insurance fraud can result in severe penalties, including mandatory restitution, loss of professional license and substantial prison sentences. An early, powerful defense strategy can help a defendant avoid the worst outcomes. A case dismissal is rarely an impossible outcome to aspire to. Ask Ms. Fitz about promising strategies for your case.
Get An Attorney’s Case Evaluation And Start Collaborating On Your Defense
Ann Fitz can efficiently analyze the facts and legal aspects of your insurance fraud charges or investigation. If you’re charged with federal insurance fraud or any federal crime, contact the Law Office of Ann Fitz today by calling 561-932-1690 or by sending an email.